Since its establishment in 1902, the KVCC has been devoted to the sport of tennis. Since those early years, the tennis program and facilities have continued to evolve to support the interests of KVCC members.
The KVCC has six regulation Har-Tru® courts, a fully-equipped Pro Shop, a hitting wall and a full time USPTA Pro.
The KVCC offers a full range of lesson options, tournaments and activities throughout the season for all ages and skill levels.
The KVCC offers a number of regular weekly programs to promote friendly competition, fun and skill development.
Every season, the KVCC organizes a variety of annual tennis events. Active participation is encouraged. See you on the courts!
The KVCC offers a variety of clinics and private lesson options. For the Clinics, reservations are NOT required. For information about the programs or to arrange a private lesson, contact Mike Bucar at email@example.com or 561-358-7077 (cell).
Mike Bucar is a 30 year USPTA Pro and holds their highest teaching designation of Pro 1. He has headed the tennis program at the KVCC for past 23 years and has been responsible for building a thriving program for adults and kids.
Earlier in his career, Mike worked at the prestigious Rick Macci International Tennis Academy (where he was hitting partners with then 10 and 12 year-old Serena & Venus Williams).
Mike Played tennis for Tabor Academy in his hometown of Marion, MA. He later graduated from Skidmore College, where he was the Captain and MVP of the men’s tennis team. In 1996, Mike was ranked No. 4 in the state of Florida in Men's 35 & Over Singles. In May 2017, Mike earned an MBA degree from Lynn University.
Rules and Regulations
1. KVCC tennis courts are available on a first come first serve basis.
2. The court sign-up is located on a kiosk adjacent to court #2. Players should sign their name and the time on the board under the appropriate court number.
3. Courts may only be reserved by players present and ready to play. To reserve courts, players should place their name underneath the name(s) of those who are already playing. Use of the court is forfeited to another waiting player if the player on the reservation is not present.
4. Players, who have not signed up on the court sign-up board, may be immediately bumped if all courts are in use and another player has signed up for a court.
5. During periods of heavy court use, members should restrict their play to 1 hour for singles and 1 ½ hours for doubles.
6. Tennis shoes should be worn on the courts at all times.
7. Shirts or other appropriate tops must be worn on the courts.
8. The Club Manager has complete authority to determine when courts are ready to play and only they may raise the nets.