Since its establishment in 1902, the KVCC has been devoted to the sport of tennis. Since those early years, the tennis program and facilities have continued to evolve to support the interests of KVCC members.
The KVCC has six regulation Har-Tru® courts, a fully-equipped Pro Shop, a hitting wall and a full time USPTA Pro.
The KVCC offers a full range of lesson options, tournaments and activities throughout the season for all ages and skill levels.
The KVCC offers a number of regular weekly programs to promote friendly competition, fun and skill development.
The KVCC also offers DAILY Stroke of the Day and weekly Junior Clinics and private lessons. See Lessons for more details
Special Events this Season
Every season, the KVCC organizes a variety of annual tennis events. Active participation is encouraged. See you on the courts!
The KVCC offers a variety of clinics and private lesson options. For the Clinics, reservations are NOT required. For information about the programs or to arrange a private lession, contact Mike Bucar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-576-9873 (seasonal) or 561-358-7077 (cell).
$60/Hour or $35/ Half Hour
Our ProMike Bucar has headed the tennis program at the KVCC for past 17 years and responsible for building a thriving program for adults and kids. Mike is a USPTA Pro 1 and a lifetime member of the USTA.
During the non-summer months, Mike is a staff professional at Mirasol Country Club in Palm Beach Ganrdens, Florida. In 1996, Mike was ranked No. 4 in the state of Florida in men's 35-and-over singles in 1996.
Earlier in his career, Mike worked at the
prestigious Rick Macci International Tennis Academy (where he was hitting parters with then 10 and 12
year old Serena & Venus Williams).
Rules and Regulations
1. KVCC tennis courts are available on a first come first serve basis.
2. The court sign-up is located on a kiosk adjacent to court #2. Players should sign their name and the time on the board under the appropriate court number.
3. Courts may only be reserved by players present and ready to play. To reserve courts, players should place their name underneath the name(s) of those who are already playing. Use of the court is forfeited to another waiting player if the player on the reservation is not present.
4. Players, who have not signed up on the court sign-up board, may be immediately bumped if all courts are in use and another player has signed up for a court.
5. During periods of heavy court use, members should restrict their play to 1 hour for singles and 1 ½ hours for doubles.
6. Tennis shoes should be worn on the courts at all times.
7. Shirts or other appropriate tops must be worn on the courts.
8. The Club Manager has complete authority to determine when courts are ready to play and only they may raise the nets.